Responsible Business & Enterprise
The Prince’s Operation Entrepreneur
The Prince’s Operation Entrepreneur is a unique, made-in-Canada program that provides servicemen and women transitioning from the Canadian Forces with the education, financing and mentoring needed to launch successful businesses.
The program combines the strengths of Futurpreneur (formerly the Canadian Youth Business Foundation)and its 17 years of mentoring and financing entrepreneurs with Enactus Memorial’s internationally recognized business boot camp for veterans.
For more information: www.futurpreneur.ca/en/programs/operation-entrepreneur/
How The Prince is involved
The Prince of Wales has a long-standing commitment to the Canadian Forces, for whom he serves as Colonel-in-Chief to seven different regiments.
Seeking a way for His Royal Highness to help transitioning Canadian servicemen and women, Prince’s Charities Canada looked to Futurpreneur Canada, an affiliate of his Youth Business International charity. Further study confirmed the need for help and suggested the program draw upon Futurpreneur as well as the “Based in Business” educational boot camp offered by Enactus Memorial at Memorial University to veterans.
- Over 74 businesses have started since 2012
- Three ‘Based-in-Business’ entrepreneurial boot camp locations delivered at Memorial University, The Paul J. Hill School of Business at the University of Regina and a French language site at Universite Laval
- 129 graduates of ‘Based-in-Business’ since 2012
- More than 400 participants have taken our one-day ‘Introduction to Entrepreneurship’ workshops since 2013
You may also be interested in...
- Applications open today for The Prince’s Operation Entrepreneur
- UPDATED: Military Participants from Across Canada Arrive at Memorial University for "Based in Business" Entrepreneurial Boot Camp
- Photos from Prince's Operation Entrepreneur Event at C.F.B. Gagetown
- PRESS RELEASE: Prince’s Charities Showcased in Canadian Visit